Walter travels: to Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia, Borneo

During my trip, I had read about the Rainforest World Music Festival (rwmf.net) which would take place in Kuching from July 13-15, 2012. Not really sure whether I would enjoy the festival itself as I do not like crowds of people and am not too fond of noisy music either, I still thought that it might be a good opportunity to visit Borneo for the first time.

The flight from Singapore to Kuching was short and I was picked up at the airport by my airbnb-hosts I had made reservations with for 7 nights. As their house was a bit out of center of Kuching and the local bus service is not exactly frequent, I got to walk a lot and thereby had a chance to explore the different neighborhoods.

I found in particular the old quarter of Kuching with its colorful variety of stores, small restaurants and coffee shops as well as the relaxing riverside esplanade an interesting place to spend a few hours provided that there was no rain which unfortunately happened a few times during my stay and then it almost poured all afternoon.

Here are the 3 photographs of the ones I took on my first day, July 11. More can be found on my Flickr-stream at http://www.flickr.com/photos/41223208@N00/[[posterous-content:pid___0]]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment