Walter travels: to Bintulu, Sarawak, Malaysia, Borneo

Today ... "just" a postcard from Bintulu in Sarawak where I am currently at. Internet is very slow here and so, unfortunately is my old MacBook. I hope that I can fill in the past few days with more photos later on.

2012-07-27_bintulu_60d_raw

Kuan Ying Tong Temple

Situated on Jalan Iskandar and surrounded by three churches; St. Thomas Anglican church, Methodist Church and St. Anthony Catholic church, this is the only Chinese temple in the area. It is located some 2 kilometres from Bintulu town centre. Amongst the peculiar features of this unique spiritual landmark are the rock garden courtyard, a man-made waterfall with a koi pond and an area with statues of all 12 Chinese Zodiac animals in a circular arrangement which are facing a giant marble ball in the centre of a pool. The temple as well as the garden areas seem very well maintained.

More photos from my travels can be found on my Flickr-stream at http://www.flickr.com/photos/41223208@N00/

No comments:

Post a Comment